Monday 6 August 2012

Cider in the Sunshine

Now, this is going back a couple of Saturdays and there isn't anything that interesting for you but I have some pictures and I like to put a bit of my 'life waffle' in my posts so they're more personal for any of you guys reading them.

Moo had their 30% off summer sale so I took advantage and ordered my business cards and of course, stickers too!! I placed my order on the Friday and they arrived the following Saturday morning, it was like Christmas morning when our postman rang the doorbell. My only gripe with their website is that the prices are before VAT, so you can get a bit of a shock when you get to checkout and your not too cheap cards are even more expensive and the postage isn't a bargain either. Saying that though, they only took one week to arrive and considering they had to print them all and they're just what I wanted, so really I should just be happy.

What's inside...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Tadaaa!

Overall, I'm so pleased with all the cards and stickers, there are a couple of pictures that I won't be using again but I didn't know that until I ordered the first lot and everyone's been lovely about them all! Then again, I have been giving them to my friends and colleagues so they were only ever going to be nice...


It was an amazing morning, so sunny and anyone in the UK right now know how rare it is. I met up with my lovely friend that I haven't seen in a couple of months (I've been really bad at keeping in touch recently, it's not like me and I'm not sure why but oh boy have I been making up for that since then!)

Here's a quick accessory check for the day:
I bought this necklace over a month ago in New Look and wasn't sure if I should have or not but I definitely love it and it's a real statement piece, especially glistening in the sunshine! 
It has that funny metal smell and I don't know how to stop it because I don't think clear nail varnish will sort this beast out. Does anyone have any ideas??

New Look Limited gold drape necklace £14.99
Available here
Old turquoise ring
M&S Limited Collection nails in Pink
Topshop tee

Annnd then there was Saturday afternoon...
My friend lives behind a pub in the village nearby and they were putting on a Beer & Cider Festival. In the sunshine. Wahay.

Of course I only condone sensible drinking...know your limits cider drinkers
Now, if you've never had Black Rat cider before then heed the warnings from your friends, it is a devil. I ignored them and the first pint slipped down like apple juice and half way through the second, I was a goner. I should have listened, but having lived in Bristol and had it once before I thought it would be fine. Silly silly me.


Don't get me wrong, no one ended up a mess that night- it wasn't one of those sessions but at one point I was talking to a new friend who's dad had decided to turn stables into somewhere to keep falcons...

3 of us didn't go to sleep and what do you do when you've started in the pub garden at 4pm the day before and not been to sleep? The 3 of you link arms and walk the dog to the petrol station at 6am to buy some bacon for breakfast before bed. Look at the beautiful view on the walk 


 the song,  the film the clips are from &  the film this song plays at the end of.

No comments:

Post a Comment